Monday, July 13, 2009

Rhythm

I have been a Christian for over twenty years.  I grew up in the church.  God has always been entwined into my life.  I have always known about prayer. I have prayed too many times for me to count.  I have prayed with confidence like it talks about in Hebrews.  When we approach the thrown of God with confidence.  I have prayed for many things. I have prayed responding to who God is.  I have worshiped through prayer. I have confessed the ways I fall short of my Father’s desires.  I have prayed.  


Why then is prayer still such a mystery.  I am discovering new rhythms to prayer.  These rhythms are not in 4/4 time.  These are not the rhythms I am used to.  It feels awkward.  It feels unnatural.  My arms and feet have to move with effort to play with these new rhythms.  


The rhythm is foreign but I love the song I am hearing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment