Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fasting, food, and whittling

21 day fast-Day 3


Some observations:


Little compromises can always lead to big compromises.


Our culture is obsessed with food.


I don’t need many of the things I think I need.


I need Jesus more than anything.


Obeying God because of grace instead of because of rules leads to true joy and freedom.


My lifestyle was not sustainable.


I need more sleep.


I don’t pray enough.


I have the opportunity to be so much more in tune with the Spirit of God than I am.


God is enough.


God does not want to mold us into the person he wants us to be. We have included this in the language of the church I think because of some passages that talk about us being made in the potter’s hand. I think these passages refer to God’s true intention for us. What he created us to be. Molding involves rearranging the material that is already present. Through this fast I am thinking more and more that God wants to whittle, chip away, or carve away the things that are not of his kingdom until there is only Jesus. It is a cutting away not a molding.


No comments:

Post a Comment